November 12th, 2021, European drone-related associations gathered in Brussels to take a significant step forward in the EU Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) sector by creating JEDA.
The Joint European Drones Associations, a new policy-oriented partnership of European drone-related associations is established to promote the interests of the growing number of stakeholders engaged in the operation, production, research and development, service, and applications of all kinds of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) in Europe.
Also, JEDA aims to represent the increased legislative and regulatory activity that affects everyone who flies a drone for personal and professional use and to develop and maintain a common understanding of the seamless integration of UAS/RPAS into aviation and the European airspace system.
Towards European drone operators, JEDA will quickly carry out specific significant actions in the service of the UAS sector.
JEDA will promote and support an extensive range of European drone activities and all related businesses including manufacturers, suppliers of business solutions, UTM service providers, operators and training organisations, in order to create synergy between stakeholders in search of new markets.
JEDA encourages sharing best practices in using new regulations and technologies and creating standard tools and information to facilitate their European operations.
All the JEDA members will be involved in advocacy, advice, and links with the European Commission and the leading European bodies (such as EASA, EUROCONTROL and EDA), projects (such as SESAR), companies and stakeholders involved in the UAS/UTM/UAM sector.
Who are the members of JEDA?
Currently, the members of JEDA are
- ADA (Albanian Drone Association) Albania,
- APANT (Associação Portuguesa de Aeronaves Não Tripuladas) Portugal,
- ASSORPAS (Associazione Italiana Droni) Italy, BAIA (Bulgarian Aviation Industry Association) Bulgaria,
- BDF (Belgian Drone Federation) Belgium, DCRO (Dutch Certified RPAS Operators) Netherlands,
- DRONEA (Asociacija DroneA) Lithuania,
- EAC (Estonian Aviation Cluster) Estonia,
- EUKA (Vlaamse Drone Federatie) Belgium,
- FDPC (Fédération Professionnelle du Drone Civil) France,
- H.U.S.I. (Hellenic U-Space Institute) Greece,
- LARPAS (Latvian Association of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems) Latvia,
- RPAS Finland Ry Finland, UAAI (Unmanned Aircraft Association of Ireland) Ireland,
- UAV DACH (Unmanned Aviation Association) Germany, Austria, Switzerland .
JEDA is open and welcomes national UAS associations from all EASA member states and EU candidate countries.
Please, feel free and contact JEDA via <firstname.lastname@example.org>